Saturday, April 24

When Harry Met Sally |

On the last morning, saya tak dapat pejam kan mata saya. Masih tidak rase keberatan nya. So that, saya bangun dari katil ber-tilam empuk ber-sama bantal dan selimut kegemaran. Switch on the tv and lie down.
Tangan masih tekan button remote untuk mencari cari channel dan cerita yang masyuk. Terhenti di channel 413 , Star Movies. Cerita bertajuk When Harry Met Sally- 1989. Thanks God, baru start. Jadi saya layan seorang diri. Kisah cinta comedy , funny dan romantic. Saya macam malas pula nak menaip harini, jadi di sini ada fullsummary.




What I was like about : The film opens with an older couple sitting on a love seat. Speaking about his successful marriage, the balding husband talks directly into the camera with his white haired wife next to him:


I was sitting with my friend Arthur Kornblum, in a restaurant, it was a Horn and Hardart Cafeteria, and this beautiful girl walked in - [he gestures toward his wife] - and I turned to Arthur and I said, "Arthur, you see that girl? I'm going to marry her." And two weeks later we were married. And it's over fifty years later and we're still married.

Romantic sangat ok kalau tengok older couple ber cerita tentang cinta pertama mereka bermula. Heheh.. Best nya if saya juga dapat bertahan sehingga 55 years.

As an interlude, a second direct-camera interview is presented, with an even older couple sitting together on the same loveseat:


Woman: We fell in love in high school.
Man: Yeah, we were high school sweethearts.
Woman: But then after our junior year, his parents moved away.
Man: But I never forgot her.
Woman: He never forgot me.
Man: No, her face was burned on my brain. And it was thirty-four years later that I was walking down Broadway and I saw her come out of Toffinetti's.
Woman: And we both looked at each other, and it was just as though not a single day had gone by.
Man: She was just as beautiful as she was at sixteen.
Woman: He was just the same. He looked exactly the same.

A third older couple sit on the love-seat and describe the convoluted path to their successful second marriage after their first marriage of three years ended in a five year-long divorce: (It is actually his fourth attempt at marriage after two other divorces.)


Man: We were married forty years ago. We were married three years. We got a divorce. Then I married Marjorie.
Woman: But first you lived with Barbara.
Man: Right. Barbara. But I didn't marry Barbara. I married Marjorie.
Woman: Then, you got a divorce.
Man: Then I married Katie.
Woman: Another divorce.
Man: Then, a couple of years later at Eddie Callichio's funeral, I ran into her. I was with some girl I don't even remember.
Woman: Roberta.
Man: Right, Roberta. But I couldn't take my eyes off you. I remember, I snuck over to her and I said - what did I say?
Woman: You said, 'What are you doing after?'
Man: Right. So I ditched Roberta, we go for coffee, a month later we're married.
Woman: Thirty-five years to the day after our first marriage.

A fourth interlude shows an elderly couple (talking over and finishing each other's lines with similar comments) who remember how they were both born in the same hospital in 1921, seven days apart, and grew up one block away from each other. They both lived in tenements on the Lower East Side on Delancey Street, and later moved to the Bronx, where they would ride the same elevator up to work but never met. But they did meet in an elevator in the Ambassador Hotel in Chicago while visiting family.

The man remembers: "I rode up nine extra floors just to keep talking to her."

A fifth couple presents a testimonial about their first meeting and their instinctive love for each other:


Woman: He was a head counselor at the boys' camp, and I was a head counselor at the girls' camp. And they had a social one night. And he walked across the room. I thought he was coming to talk to my friend Maxine, because people were always crossing rooms to talk to Maxine, but he was coming to talk to me. And he said -
Man: I'm Ben Small of the Coney Island Smalls.
Woman: At that moment, I knew. I knew the way you know about a good melon.

A sixth elderly Asian couple provide the next camera interview:


Man: A man came to me and said, 'I found nice girl for you. She lives in the next village, and she is ready for marriage.' We were not supposed to meet until the wedding. But I wanted to make sure, so I sneak into her village, hid behind a tree, watch her washing the clothes. I think, if I don't like the way she looks, I don't marry her. But she look really nice to me. So I said OK to the man, we get married. We are married for fifty-five years.

In the final scene, they become the film's seventh and final testimonial to love - seated on the same loveseat as all the other elderly couples:


Sally: Three months later, we got married.
Harry: It only took three months.
Sally: Twelve years and three months.
Harry: We had this - we had a really wonderful wedding.
Sally: It really was.
Harry: It was great. We had this enormous coconut cake.
Sally: Huge coconut cake with the tiers, and there was this very rich chocolate sauce on the side.
Harry: Right. Because not everybody likes it on the cake, because it makes it very soggy.
Sally: Particularly the coconut soaks up a lot of that stuff so you really - it's important to keep it on the side.
Harry: Right...

Ending cerita ni memang menarik juga tau. Memang best sangat. The best part yang saya cuba tiru, bila Harry ajar Sally bercakap menggunakan tone suare yang funny. Hehhe.. Memang kiut bila Sally cuba buat. Muka nya. Hehehe.. Jadi cuba lah lihat juga cerita ini. Kat You Tube pun ada tau.. :) Nah!



Selamat ber-enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment